With the increased fog to the Humboldt area, Environment Canada has issued a Fog Advisory.
The Fog Advisory is in effect for:
- R.M. of Big Quill including Wynyard Dafoe and Kandahar
- R.M. of Elfros including Elfros Leslie and Mozart
- R.M. of Emerald including Wishart and Bankend
- R.M. of Foam Lake including Foam Lake and Fishing Lake Res.
- R.M. of Humboldt including Humboldt Carmel and Fulda
- R.M. of Ituna Bon Accord including Ituna and Hubbard
- R.M. of Kellross including Kelliher and Lestock
- R.M. of Kelvington including Yellowquill Res.
- R.M. of Kutawa including Raymore Punnichy and Poorman Res.
- R.M. of Lakeside including Watson and Quill Lake
- R.M. of Lakeview including Wadena and Clair
- R.M. of Last Mountain Valley including Govan and Duval
- R.M. of Leroy including Leroy
- R.M. of Mount Hope including Semans
- R.M. of Ponass Lake including Rose Valley Fosston and Nora
- R.M. of Prairie Rose including Jansen and Esk
- R.M. of Sasman including Margo Kylemore and Nut Mountain
- R.M. of Spalding including Spalding
- R.M. of St Peter including Muenster and Lake Lenore
- R.M. of Touchwood including Serath and Touchwood Hills Prov. Park
- R.M. of Usborne including Lanigan Drake and Guernsey
- R.M. of Wolverine including Burr
- R.M. of Wreford including Nokomis and Venn
Environment Canada says near zero visibility in fog is expected.
In a release, they state, “Visibility may be significantly and suddenly reduced to near zero. If travelling, be prepared for areas of near-zero visibility. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.”
Widespread fog has developed over southern Saskatchewan. Areas primarily north of the Trans Canada Highway will see foggy conditions until the fog dissipates near the afternoon.