The Rose Valley Fire Department is calling on assistance from their fellow firefighters after the department lost it's own hall to a fire Friday night.

Damage resulted in the loss of the hall, as well as all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). 

Fire Chief Dale Whitford suspects the fire originated from a quad that was plugged into a battery charger.

Fire trucks were removed before they became a total loss, whoever they will remain out of service until re-certification can be done.

In the meantime, the RVFD is reaching out to area departments in hope that they can provide PPE as well as boots and helmets until new equipment can be purchased.

Furthermore, mutual aid is being provided by the Kelvington, Archerwill and Wadena Fire Departments.

Any firefighters or detachments who can assist the RVFD are asking to contact Chief Whitford by calling 306-322-2383 or 306-322-7744.