Mounties in Saskatchewan are appealing to the public for help locating a 28-year-old man facing charges after a number of incidents in northern Saskatchewan between September 6 and 7.
Kurt Bloomfield is considered armed and dangerous. He is facing the following charges:
- 2 counts, operate a conveyance while prohibited, Section 320.18 (1)b), Criminal Code
- 1 count, assault, Section 266, Criminal Code
- 1 count, assault causing bodily harm, Section 267(b), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unsafe storage of a firearm, Section 86(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, use a firearm in a careless manner, Section 86(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unlawful confinement, Section 278(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, possession of a firearm for a purpose dangerous to the public peace, Section 88, Criminal Code
- 3 counts, possession of a firearm while prohibited, section 117.01(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, take motor vehicle without consent, Section 335(1), Criminal Code
He is also wanted on a Canada-wide warrant for parole violation.
Police say he is 5-foot-8, 150 pounds with red hair and blue eyes. He has the name "Bloomfield" tattooed across his chest.
Bloomfield has ties to Nipawin and Saskatoon. A Sunday afternoon news release by Saskatchewan RCMP said a vehicle was located Sunday in Birch Hills, and investigators believe it may be associated with Bloomfield.
Police say they do not know where Bloomfield is or what his method of travel is.
Police consider Kurt Bloomfield to be armed and dangerous. If you see him, do not approach him. Report information on his whereabouts to your local police detachment or by calling 9-1-1. Information can also be reported to Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-TIPS or online at www.saskcrimestoppers.com.