Some of the highlights include:
- Canfax reported Saskatchewan feeder cattle volumes at 39,242 head sold over the week, up from 31,782 head the previous week.
- Feeder steer prices were lower. Average prices ranged from $322.13 per cwt for the 300-400lb weight category to $218.33 per cwt for the 900+lb weight category.
- Prices for feeder heifers were mostly down and ranged from $238.04 per cwt for the 300-400lb weight category to $200.38 per cwt for the 800+lb weight category.
- The January feeder cattle futures were up US$2.200 per cwt last week to settle Friday at $180.775 per cwt. The March 2023 contract was also up US$1.975 per cwt, week-over-week settling Friday at US$183.125 per cwt.
- Choice beef cutout prices (600-900lb.) for the week averaged US$257.08 per cwt, down 2.4 per cent from US$263.27 per cwt the previous week. The beef cutout price is 8.1 per cent lower compared to the same week a year ago but remains stronger than the five year average.
- Prices of live, non-fed cattle in Alberta reported on November 18 were mixed compared to the previous week.
- The price of D2 slaughter cows increased $0.51 per cwt from the previous week to average $90.30 per cwt.
- The price of D3 slaughter cows were down $1.33 per cwt to average $77.17 per cwt.
- The rail price for non-fed cattle in Alberta was unchanged from the previous week and ranged between $175.00-180.00 per cwt.