Today, September 15, a group of Saskatchewan business and community leaders will be airlifted by STARS helicopter to an unknown Prairie location where they must raise enough money to secure their flights back to civilization.
This is the seventh annual STARS Rescue on the Prairie fundraiser. Five participants who, through adventure, friendly competition and fun medical, aviation and endurance challenges will help fund STARS’ missions using their cell phones and personal networks.
Participants this year include:
- Megan Douglas, Senior Vice-President, Chief Brand & Commercial Officer, Saskatchewan Blue Cross
- Wade Cassidy, Regional Manager with Polaris Industries and STARS Very Important Patient
- Tom Foster, President & CEO, Industrial Machine & Mfg. Inc. (IMM)
- Nicole Westerlund, Vice President, Member & Community Engagement, Conexus Credit Union
- Faye Renner-Scott, Licensed Practical Nurse/Operating Room Technician.
If you’d like to help “rescue” participants, donations can be made by clicking here.
A STARS release states, “Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rescue on the Prairie was last held near Saskatoon in 2019, where it raised more than $360,000 for the non-profit, charitable air ambulance organization.”