The Wadena Fire Department(WFD) were happy to report no injuries were sustained after a trailer unit caught fire Friday.

The WFD says the homeowner smelled the smoke and dialed 911.

Upon arrival, fire fighters found the blaze in the skirting of the home. An aggressive attack kept the damage to the outside of the residence and the department was able to rescue the pets from the home.

The fire department is using this incident as a reminder for homeowners to inspect any heat tape or heating devices before the cold Winter weather arrives later this week.