On September 19, around 9:45 in the evening, Wakaw/ Hoodoo Fire and Rescue was called out to a home in Wakaw for Carbon Monoxide alarms ringing. 

One Engine and a command unit responded. Upon arrival, firefighters entered the building and detected a substantial amount of carbon monoxide within. 

Firefighters ventilated the building and shut off the furnace and gas, as the cause of the leak was a faulty furnace part. 

Wakaw/Hoodoo Fire and Rescue want to remind residents to inspect their furnaces or have them inspected by a professional before firing them up. 

The team also reminds residents that as of July 1, 2022, all residences are required to have carbon monoxide detectors.