With Monday being the first day of spring, the annual melting period is ongoing in the Humboldt area.
Though fluctuating temperatures are still moving their way through the region, more and more water will make its way in with the snow leaving for another season.
The City of Humboldt is taking that time to share some important details regarding the spring melt and ensuring your home doesn't fill up with water.
- Shovel snow away from your house
- Inspect your property for possible obstructions that prevent water from flowing away from your home
- Ensure your sump pump is in good working condition and your outside drain line is clear
- If you have a backwater valve, check that it is clear and in good working order
- Check to make sure your gutters are clear so melting snow can drain properly
- Ensure your downspouts drain water several feet away from your home's foundation
Tuesday's forecasted high is -4, but the rest of the week will see positive temperatures and sunshine continue in the area.