Residents of the Moose Jaw-Lake Centre-Lanigan constituency were recently honoured as a celebration of Canada's 150th birthday.
The medals were handed out for a variety of accomplishments, including:
- Community volunteer work
- Fundraising for community, health or social causes
- Military service
- Achievements in sports
- Public service
- Volunteer firefighters
- Leadership in agriculture
A total of 100 medals were handed out by Member of Parliament Tom Lukiwski.
Among the local recipients were:
- Patricia Braun - Raymore - Silver Cross mother
- Dale Campbell - Strasbourg - Community leader
- Brett Halstead - Nokomis - President of the Canadian Canola Growers Association
- Brad Hanmer - Govan - Agriculture innovator
- Ron Hanmer - Govan - Business, agriculture and community leader
- Kirby Kazeil - Strasbourg - Business leader, President of the Last Mountain Valley Business Association
- Cor Lobbes - Clavet - EMO coordinator
- Carol Schultz - Strasbourg - Former Mayor of Strasbourg
- Brad Wildeman - Lanigan - Agriculture, community leader
"These are people being recognized and celebrated by their neighbours and communities for the difference they've made in others' lives," stated Lukiwski.
The medals were handed out in Moose Jaw on November 4.