The village of Spalding is currently under a boil water advisory.
The village is experiencing too high of chlorine levels in the water supply and this is causing the boil water advisory.
Citizens are asked to follow these protocols:
Boil all water, used for drinking purposes, for at least one minute, at a rolling
boil, prior to use:
• Boiled water to be used for other activities where it may be ingested, including:
- Brushing teeth or soaking false teeth
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Food or drink which will not be subsequently heated
- Ice cubes
• Not drink from any public drinking fountains supplied with water from the public
• Under most circumstances, it is not necessary to boil water used for other
household purposes. Adults, adolescents and older children may shower, bathe
or wash using tap water but should avoid swallowing the water. Dishes and
laundry may be washed in tap water, either by hand or by machine
• Ensure that younger children and infants are sponge bathed
• Use an alternative water source known to be safe, if consumers do not wish to
boil the water
• Consult with your physician if you have cuts or rashes that are severe before
using the water.