Machines are susceptible to overheating with the windy and dry weather the Humboldt area has seen over the last few weeks; that's what happened over the weekend for one farmer. 

On Sunday, September 11, around 2 pm, the Wadena Volunteer Fire Department responded to a baler that caught on fire in the RM of Sasman. 

The Wadena Fire Department says the baler was a total loss, but with quick thinking by the farmer, the tractor was unhooked and saved. 

The Wadena Fire Department says this is a good reminder to be safe and prepared in these dry conditions.