Summer is sure to be full of fun activities, especially when it comes to events down at Watrous and Manitou Beach.
Be sure to catch the many festivals happening, such as the Manitou Busking Festival. Saskatchewan performers gather together to share their talents on street corners and front doors. It all happens July 21 - 23 at various locations across Watrous and Manitou.
Another festival people can get excited about is the Salt Shaker Festival happening July 7 and 8. Formerly known as The Manitou Boogaloo, the festival has a great lineup of bands performing live music.
Bands performing this year include Andy & The Dannys, Dump Babes, The Garrys, and a long listing of other performances.
During that time, on July 8 and 9, people can purchase local Saskatchewan-created artwork with the Spirit of Manitou Studio Trail.
From Concrete, textiles, woodworks, paintings – oil, acrylic, watercolor – photography, sculptures, ceramics, pottery, carving, copperwork, and glasswork, the artwork is in abundance in Manitou.
The famous Chainsaw Carving Festival will also make a return to Manitou, happening August 10 - 13.
Events are always happening down at Watrous and Manitou:
- July 1 – Canada Day Fireworks – Manitou Beach
- July 29 – Watrous Fun Run Show’n Shine – Main Street, Watrous
- Aug. 4 & 5 – WOW! Manitou (Wonder of Words Literary Festival) several locations
- Aug. 6 – Sunday in the Sand! – Mike’s Beach Bar
- Aug. 10 – 13 – Chainsaw Carving Festival – Manitou Beach Events Plaza
- Sept 3 – Manitou Music Fest – Little Manitou Art Gallery
Many more events will take place at Watrous and Manitou, and 107.5 Bolt FM and DiscoverHumboldt will keep you updated on what to expect for each event closer to the dates.